500 GB Seagate 6 GB/s Laptop Hard Disk Drive
Seagate Laptop Thin HDD (Formerly Momentus Thin) Offers Feature-Rich, Slim, Lightweight Style at Price and Capacity Points That Enable No-Compromise Designs for Thin Computing
- World’s first 7mm z-height, 2.5-inch form factor drive
- Seagate SmartAlign technology1 provides easy transition to 4K sectors
- Available as a Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) and FIPS 140-2 SED2
- Compatible with SATA 3Gb/s designs
- Backed by a 2-year limited warranty
Opens New Frontiers for System Designers
Purpose-built to meet your demand for affordable, slimmer, fully functional laptop computing solutions. Choose from 500GB and 320GB capacity options. While traditional laptop hard drives offer a z-height of 9.5 mm, the Laptop Thin HDD stands part with a z-height of just 7mm.
Smooth Migration to Advanced Format 4K
With Seagate’s SmartAlign technology,1 you get all the benefits of the new Advanced Format 4K sector standard—no utilities and no extra steps needed. Advanced Format (AF) drive migration happens automatically in the background, and drive performance is not affected, unlike the time-consuming utilities required by competitive AF-enabled drives.
Secure Self-Encrypting Drive Options
Seagate delivers on government-grade encryption without any performance degradation, protecting date where it lives—on your drive.
- Trusted Computing Group (TCG) Opal protocol
- World’s first 7mm SED to ship with FIPS 140-2 validation2
- Instant on-the-fly encryption without performance degradation
- Instant Secure Erase technology enables fast and easy secure drive retirement
2Self-Encrypting Drives (SED) and FIPS 140-2 Validated drives are not available in all models or countries.
Enter Seagate Ingenuity
Seagate Laptop Thin HDD drives leverage current laptop drives in both material and product design to provide the world’s first 7mm 2.5-inch form factor drive. The result is affordable, thin storage for entry-level to mainstream laptops, high-end netbooks, thin ultraportables and slim-computing devices.